Specialist Nursing Support
Patients who are immunocompromised will often be able to make use of support from specialist nurses.
If you regularly attend a treatment centre in hospital or the community, find out what nursing support and/or resources may be available to you.
A specialist nurse will often be able to help with information regarding –
- seeing the right specialist
- the right information for new patients
- symptom control
- taking part in clinical research
- practical support
- psychological support
- life and travel insurance guidance
- access to independent patient support groups
Make sure you get to know who your specialist nurses are – (they will usually work in a team) and find out how to contact them.